Posted by Rubel Khan on July 25, 2011
Microsoft is excited to announce the arrival of the new SharePoint 2010 exam, joining Microsoft’s Office Specialist 2010 line up.
Interested in taking the exam? Check out the exam objectives here. Need training first? Check out the Learning Plan, which links to a number of helpful articles. Microsoft Learning also has an e-learning collection that might be useful as well as a number of instructor-led courses. Ready to take the exam? Click here to find a test center via our MOS exam provider, Certiport.
Source: Born to Learn Blog-Post By Wendy Johnson
Posted in Microsoft Learning | Tagged: Certifications, Certiport, MOS, MOS 2010, Office Specialist, Office Specialist 2010, SharePoint, SharePoint 2010 | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Rubel Khan on July 5, 2011
If your company is considering Office 365 or if you’re simply curious about this evolving technology, you’ll be interested in these free Jump Start videos, which leverage a “team-teaching” approach.
Each video, presented by Microsoft evangelist Adam (Bomb) Carter and senior Microsoft technologists, features real-world scenarios, best practices, and the benefits and options for adopting Office 365.
Additional training materials are also available on Born to Learn.
Office 365 Platform
Lync & SharePoint Options
Posted in Microsoft Learning | Tagged: Exchange, Jump Start, Lync, Lync and Lync Server, Office 365, SharePoint | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Rubel Khan on March 29, 2011
Recently, Microsoft has added several new recorded Live Meetings to their Learning website, including exam coaching sessions. Presented by Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCTs), these sessions include an overview of the technologies you can expect to find on exams, along with the skills that are measured.
Browse exam coaching sessions for:
- Exchanger Server
- SharePoint Server
- SQL Server
- .NET Framework
- Windows Server
- Windows Client
Posted in Microsoft Learning | Tagged: .NET Framework, Exam Coaching, Exams Update, Exchange Server, Live Meetings, MCT, SharePoint, SQL Server, Windows Client, Windows Server | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Rubel Khan on January 15, 2011
English Exams Published:
- 4 Microsoft Office exams
- 7 Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) exams
- 14 Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) exams
- 6 Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)exams
- 3 Upgrade exams
- 8 Microsoft Certified Masters (MCM)exams
- 8 Microsoft Dynamics exams
- 21 beta exams (includes TS, PRO, and MOS betas; how many did you participate in?)
- Total of 67 exams published in 2010 in English
Exams Published by Language:
- Chinese: 38
- Danish: 7
- Dutch: 4
- French: 22
- German: 31
- Italian: 1
- Japanese: 33
- Korean: 8
- Polish: 1
- Portuguese: 34
- Russian: 14
- Spanish: 13
- Turkish: 1
Total publications across all languages: 278 (includes beta publications))
- 157 SMEs participated in an objective domain session for an exam released in 2010
- 652 SMEs participated in the blueprinting process for an exam released in 2010
- 7270 SMEs participated in beta
- 1508 meal cards used by SMEs participating in exam development sessions in Redmond
- Average spend per meal card: $7.57 (breakfast burritos!)
SME Database (are you a member yet?):
- 1029 SMEs joined the database
- 3690 beta invitations were sent to those SMEs
Questions Created through Community Development Initiative:
What were people being certified on in 2010?
- Across all MS certifications: Microsoft Certified Application Specialist on Office Word 2007
- Within our technical certifications: MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Configuration
- By technology: Office 2003, Office 2007, and Windows Server 2008
Posted in Certifications | Tagged: .NET Framework, Beta, Exchange Server, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, Microsoft Certified Masters, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, Microsoft Technical Associate, SharePoint, SME, SQL Server, Windows 7 and 8.1, Windows Server | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Rubel Khan on September 6, 2010
If you’re an IT Pro or Developer blogger, a user groups lead or if you run an IT Departments, then Microsoft Broadcaster will be of interest to you. You probable spend a few hours a month looking for content, and there is a LOT of content out there. Microsoft Broadcaster makes life easy as it enables you to download key Technical content ( Webcasts, podcasts, white papers) aggregated across Microsoft assets that are relevant to the IT Pro and Developer adoption lifecycle and to embed them in your own sites/blogs/internal training for richer content postings.
Key Features of Microsoft Broadcaster include:
Permission and ability to download and embed content on your sites without sending traffic away from your site.
Customize by product e.g. Windows®, SharePoint®, Microsoft Office
Customize content by keyword
Customize content by form factor e.g. webcasts, videos, podcasts
Set alerts for content updates
Posted in Microsoft | Tagged: Bloggers, Broadcaster, IT Professionals, MS Office, Podcast, SharePoint, User leads, Videos, Webcast | Leave a Comment »