Posted by Rubel Khan on June 9, 2015
Everything Lync is becoming Skype for Business. This means Microsoft is working on replacing their Lync exams with Skype for Business exams. Microsoft is still working on the availability date for the Skype for Business exams, but needed to announce the retirement of the Lync exams (July 2015) to give notice to those who are planning to take the exams soon or who are currently in-path. But don’t worry— Microsoft won’t pull the Lync exams out of market until the Skype for Business exams are available.
The new Skype for Business exams will count toward MCSE: Communication certification like the Lync 2013 exams currently do.
Stay tuned for more information on the new Skype for Business exams.
Q: Should I hold off on taking exams until the Skype for Business exams are available?
A: Not at all. Skype for Business builds on Lync’s features and functionality. The Lync exams provide you with a solid foundation for your Skype for Business implementation. See what’s new in Skype for Business.
Q: Will there be an upgrade exam for those who have completed both Lync exams and want to move to Skype for Business?
A: No. Once you’ve earned your MCSE: Communication certification you cannot re-earn it. You can, however, keep it current through recertification.
Q: What about recertification?
A: Holders of the MCSE: Communication credential must recertify every three years. Recertification is a great way to ensure that you stay current in the latest technology, such as Skype for Business. Microsoft will be providing more information about recertification options for MCSE: Communication this summer.
Q: I’m a partner with the Microsoft Partner Network. I have the Communications Competency and just took the Lync exams to qualify. Do I still qualify?
A: Retirement of an exam from Microsoft learning does not retire it as a qualifying exam for a Competency. Lync Exams for the Communications Competency will still qualify for a period of time. Always check the Microsoft Partner Network competency requirements.
Posted in Microsoft, Certifications, Microsoft Learning, Lync and Lync Server, Skype for Business | Tagged: Lync, Lync Server, Lync 2013, Skype for Business, MCSE, MCSE: Communication | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Rubel Khan on June 7, 2015
Find exams scheduled to be retired on July 31 2015, listed by technology. (The information that follows is subject to change.)
Lync and Lync Server:
- 74-322: Microsoft Lync Server 2010—Advanced Design and Deployment
- 74-335: Lync Network Readiness Assessment
- 70-336: Core Solutions of Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- 70-337: Enterprise Voice Online Services with Microsoft Lync Server 2013
- 74-338: Lync 2013 Depth Support Engineer
Project and Project Server:
- 70-177: TS: Microsoft Project Server 2010, Configuring
- 70-178: TS: Managing Projects with Microsoft Project 2010
- 70-433: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Database Deployment
- 70-450: PRO: Designing, Optimizing, and Maintaining a Database Administrative Solution Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- 70-451: PRO: Designing Database Solutions and Data Access Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- 70-518: PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 70-519: PRO: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 98-363: Web Development Fundamentals
- 98-372: Microsoft .NET Fundamentals
- 98-374: MTA: Gaming Development Fundamentals
- 70-681: Windows 7 and Office 2010, Deploying
- 98-349: Windows Operating System Fundamentals
- 70-643: TS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
- 70-647: Pro: Windows Server 2008, Enterprise Administrator
- 70-649: TS: Upgrading Your MCSE on Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008, Technology Specialist
- 70-659: TS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
- 70-669: TS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Desktop Virtualization
- 70-693: PRO: Windows Server 2008 R2, Virtualization Administrator
- 70-158: TS: Microsoft Forefront Identity and Access Management, Configuring
- 70-595: TS: Developing Business Process and Integration Solutions by Using Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010
- 74-674: TS: Delivering Value Planning Services
Posted in Certifications, Lync and Lync Server, Microsoft, Windows Server | Tagged: Lync, Lync and Lync Server, Project 2010, Project Server 2010, SQL Server, Visual Studio, Windows Server | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Rubel Khan on July 5, 2011
If your company is considering Office 365 or if you’re simply curious about this evolving technology, you’ll be interested in these free Jump Start videos, which leverage a "team-teaching" approach.
Each video, presented by Microsoft evangelist Adam (Bomb) Carter and senior Microsoft technologists, features real-world scenarios, best practices, and the benefits and options for adopting Office 365.
Additional training materials are also available on Born to Learn.
Office 365 Platform
Lync & SharePoint Options
Posted in Cloud Computing, E-Learning, Exchange Server, Free Training, Lync and Lync Server, Microsoft, Microsoft Learning, SharePoint | Tagged: Exchange, Jump Start, Lync, Lync and Lync Server, Office 365, SharePoint | Leave a Comment »
Posted by Rubel Khan on April 13, 2011
Exams 664 and 665 are available in Prometric testing centers! This means that you now can earn the MCTS: Lync Server 2010, Configuration and the MCITP: Lync Server 2010 Administrator certifications. Microsoft Lync Server 2010 is an integral part of the Microsoft "software-plus-services" cloud offering, Microsoft Office 365. Earning a Lync Server 2010 certification will distinguish you as skilled in the Microsoft cutting-edge cloud technologies. You can earn the MCTS by passing 664, or pass both 664 and 665 to earn the MCITP.
Visit the exam’s product pages for a list of the skills measured on each exam:
Need to study up a bit? Well, we’re still putting the finishing touches on the instructor-led training. Course 10534A will be available later this month, and Course 10533A will be available in May. Here’s a list of some other resources you can check out in the meantime. Remember that hands-on experience is the best way to build your skills!
Please note, even though you can earn these certifications today, it will be at least another week before you can download the certificate. Microsoft is aware of the issue and are working to resolve it right now.
Now go out there and get certified!
Posted in Certifications, Cloud Computing, Lync and Lync Server | Tagged: 10533A, 10534A, 70-664, 70-665, Lync, Lync and Lync Server, MCITP, MCTS, TechNet | Leave a Comment »