TEN MOST VALUABLE IT CERTIFICATIONS OF 2012
Posted by Rubel Khan on February 13, 2012
According to the recent U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics the unemployment rate is still over 8%. These people are our neighbors, our friends, and our family; representing each demographic in terms of age, education and talent. There is probably only one thing that unites them all: they do not possess one of the 10 most sought after certifications in the Information Technology (IT) job market.
The ten most critical certifications that would assure Americans jobs and advancement in the IT marketplace are:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) manages projects to a successful conclusion, on-time, on-budget, and using the resources allocated.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) certifications validate your skills in deploying, designing, and maintaining Microsoft technology such as Windows, SQL, SharePoint and Exchange.
- CompTIA’s A+ certification indicates competency to install networks, conduct preventative maintenance, secure them and troubleshoot them.
- Cisco Certified Network Associates (CCNA) installs, configures, runs and troubleshoots medium-sized routed and switched networks.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) cortication validate your skills on implementing and troubleshooting a particular Microsoft Server technology, such as Windows, SQL, SharePoint and Exchange.
- CompTIA’s Network+ certification demonstrates competency to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install and configure basic network infrastructures.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) validates the ability to plan, implement, verify and troubleshoot local and wide-area enterprise networks and work collaboratively with specialists on advanced security, voice, wireless and video solutions.
- NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA) have proven skills in performing in-depth support, administrative functions, and performance management for NetApp storage appliances running the Data ONTAP® operating system in NFS and Windows® (CIFS) multiprotocol environments.
- IT Infrastructure Library certification (ITIL) demonstrates the expertise of professionals in tech management with a three tiered program of basic, intermediate and advanced certification.
- CompTIA’s Security+ certification demonstrates knowledge of system security, network infrastructure, access control and organizational security.
Although the above certifications may not guarantee you a job (extenuating circumstances must be taken into account), they certainly improve your chances of gaining meaningful and stable employment.