New CCNP Certification Tracks Announced!
Posted by Rubel Khan on October 19, 2010
Today, October 19th, Cisco announced major updates to the Voice and Security certification tracks. Each professional level certification track has been re-branded, CCNP Voice and CCNP Security, and includes major course updates as well as new course introductions. These new revisions/introductions reflect a focus on “job role” objectives rather than “product features” as earlier tracks incorporated.
CCNA Voice – There is only one required exam for this Certification. This is a key certification for the emerging Voice Professional.
- Exam # 640-461 Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration v8.0 (ICOMM)
CCNP Voice – The new Professional Voice certification is now called CCNP Voice and introduces two new courses and updates on existing courses to reflect Unified Communications v8.0. There are 5 Required Exams:
- Exam # 642-437 CVOICE 8 Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS
- Exam # 642-447 CIPT1 8 Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1
- Exam # 642-457 CIPT2 8 Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 2
- Exam # 642-427 TVOICE 8 Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications
- Exam # 642-467 CAPPS 8 Integrating Cisco Unified Communications Applications
CCNP Security – The new Professional Security certification is now called CCNP Security and will be replacing the CCSP as the primary Professional level goal for network security engineers looking at validating expertise in Cisco’s key network security skills and technologies.
The following 4 exams are required to achieve this certification:
- Exam # 642-637 Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE)
- Exam # 642-627 Implementing Cisco Intrusion Prevention System 7.0 (IPS 7.0)
- Exam # 642-647 Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Features (FIREWALL)
- Exam # 642-617 Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions (VPN)
Good luck if you are planning to take any of these certifications!