Value of Certification
Posted by Rubel Khan on May 29, 2010
A recent article in Certification Magazine spells out the value of certification for IT professionals. The article provides some detailed insight on the state of the economy and what it means to IT professionals. A few of the key findings (among many) by Certification Magazine:
- Even in this tough economy, IT worker salaries grew at about 9%.
- Many respondents reported that they received raises after earning a new certification.
- Many people reported that they had earned one or two new credentials within the last year.
- Salaries for more entry-level certifications were stagnant over the last year or so.
We encourage you to take a look at the article. It is very encouraging to see that companies and individuals still recognize and value the hard work that goes in to getting certified.
- Certification Magazine: “Certification Magazine’s 2009 Salary Survey”