Microsoft Product shower continues!
Posted by Rubel Khan on August 26, 2009
I hope all you technology enthusiasts like me enjoying the shower of all great new releases of products and technologies from Microsoft.
To name a few…
- Windows 7 RTM
- Windows Server 2008 R2 RTM
- Hyper V Server 2008 R2 RTM
- Windows Server 2008 Storage Server.
- Virtual PC 7
- Internet Explorer 8
- Office 2010 Technical Preview
- Exchange 2010 Beta
- Microsoft Bing.
- SharePoint Server 2010 Beta.
- System Center Ops Manager 2007 R2 RTM
- Windows Azure
- Microsoft Zune HD
- Windows Mobile 6.5 Coming Soon
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Coming Soon
And trust me there are more coming your way..
Despite the most challenging economic scenarios Microsoft is coming up with maximum product releases this year in the history of Microsoft.
To join the party… Microsoft presenting System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 RTM.
Yes, Microsoft has final product ready to take the management of your Virtual Infrastructure to the next level.
To summarize the great enhancements:
- Live Migration Support for Server 2008 R2
- Hot Add/Remove of VM Storage.
- Clustered Shared Volume (CSV) support that enables multiple Highly Available Virtual Machines (HAVM) per LUN.
- Support for VMware vSphere 4 (VMware VI3 feature parity only)
- SAN Migration into and out of clustered hosts
- Processor flexibility
- Network optimization
- Quick Storage Migration
- Maintenance Mode for Hosts
- Support for 3rd Party Clustered file system, Sanbolic Melio FS
- Support for 3rd Party Storage Class Resource, Veritas Storage Foundation for Windows
- Expanded support for iSCSI SANs
- Support for VMware port groups for Virtual Switches
- Support for Virtual Machine Permissions assigned in Hyper-V
- Dynamic Policy Based Load Balancing
To learn more about SCVMM 2008 R2 click here